Dia de los Muertos worksheets for learning a bit more about Day of the Dead!
Happythought’s Day of the Dead worksheets contain a brief introduction, a Day of the Dead glossary with a few key phrases. Glossary poster, 8 glossary cards including papel picado, pan de muerto, cempazuchitl, calavera, calacas, la catrina, nicho and ofrenda.
Day of the Dead worksheets are ideal for classroom activities and include a colour in map of Mexico, find 7 missing words related to Day of the Dead, crossword puzzles, wordsearch and pair the calavera skulls game. Coloring in sheets include a calvera sugar skull, la catrina, and a calacas or skeleton.
We have featured 3 famous Mexican artists and how their artwork and life was influenced by Day of the Dead: José Guadalupe Posada, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. A short biography is included along with an art activity idea for each artist.
Classroom Worksheets: Learn about Day of the Dead
18 PDFs to learn a few key terms, customs and phrases about Day of the Dead.
1. Contents • 18 PDF Worksheets
2 . What is Day of the Dead? • A brief introduction
3. Day of the Dead glossary • A few key phrases for Day of the Dead
4. Glossary poster • Day of the Dead text
5. 4 glossary cards • Papel picado, pan de muerto, cempazuchitl and calavera
6. 4 glossary cards • Calacas, la catrina, nicho and ofrenda
7. A map of Mexico • Color in and learn a bit about Mexico
8. Find the missing words • Find 7 missing words related to Day of the Dead
9. Crossword puzzle • Six crossword clues for Day of the Dead
10. Wordsearch • Find 12 Dia de los Muertos customs and festivities
11. Day of the Dead match skulls game • Pair the calavera skull designs
12. Color in pages • Calvera sugar skull
13. Color in pages • La Catrina
14. Color in pages • Calacas or skeleton
15. Famous Mexican artists • Artwork and life influenced by Day of the Dead
16. José Guadalupe Posada • Short biography and art activity idea
17. Diego Rivera • Short biography and art activity idea
18. Frida Kahlo • Short biography and art activity idea
Buy these El dia de los Muertos worksheets as part of our popular Day of the Dead craft activity pack!
Day of the Dead crossword puzzle
1. A bright orange or yellow flower of the dead.
2. A festival held between October 31st and November 2nd.
3. A decorated skull often seen at Day of the Dead festivities.
4. Colorful decorative paper garlands used on Day of the Dead celebrations.
5. A female skeleton, created by Jose Guadalupe Posada.
6. Where gifts or offerings to the dead are left.
Papel picado, catrina, Day of the Dead, marigold, calavera and altar.
Easy craft projects and 18 PDF worksheets to Learn about Day of the Dead class activities – Buy Now!
Some tips on printing out your Day of the Dead worksheets
We have designed the worksheets in black and white to be economical on toner. After opening up your PDF templates look for a grayscale, fast printing or economy setting. These types of settings not only save on ink but also on printing time.
Try out these other great crafts and activities ideas. Color in your own calavera mask printable, Day of the Dead paper flower crown DIY and how to make papel picado decoration templates. Mexican food and drink signs for party guests, easy balloon craft project and Mexican paper stars for decoration at home.
We hope you enjoyed this post on Happythoughts Dia de los Muertos worksheets!
If so, please give us a little love; by liking us on facebook, pinning us on pinterest or following us on twitter. Thank you!