Need a few activities and worksheets for Day of the Dead?
We’ve put together this fun activity pack for the upcoming Day of the Dead to inspire some creativity at home or in the classroom. Featuring 18 Day of the Dead worksheets and 6 Day of the Dead papercraft activities with full instructions and templates to help celebrate or learn a little bit about El Dia de los Muertos.
6 printable activities for El Dia de los Muertos in Spanish and English
Perfect for printable kids activities, classrooms, home school or family craft days!
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
6 Day of the Dead printable activities in English and Spanish versions. Each containing the following b&w PDF templates/patterns:
1) Classroom Worksheets (Spanish/English) Learn about Day of the Dead – 18 PDFs
1. Contents • 17 PDF Worksheets
2 . What is Day of the Dead? • A brief introduction
3. A map of Mexico • Color in and learn a bit about Mexico
4. Find the missing words • Find 7 missing words related to Day of the Dead
5. Crossword puzzle • Six questions on Day of the Dead
6. Wordsearch • Find 12 Dia de los Muertos customs and festivities
7. Day of the Dead match skill game • Pair the calavera skull designs
8. Color in pages • Calvera sugar skull
9. Color in pages • Catrina
10. Color in pages • Calacas or skeleton
11. Day of the Dead glossary • A few key phrases
12. 4 glossary cards • Papel picado, pan de muerto, cempazuchitl and calavera
13. 4 glossary cards • Calacas, la catrina, nicho and ofrenda
14. Glossary poster • Day of the Dead text
15. José Guadalupe Posada • Short biography and art activity idea
16. Diego Rivera • Short biography and art activity idea
17. Frida Kahlo • Short biography and art activity idea
See in more detail the worksheets here – Day of the Dead worksheets!
2) Make a Day of the Dead Nicho (mini shrine) – 7 PDFs
This tutorial comes in Español y English translations. See more about the nichos here – Nicho making activity!
3) Paper mask making: Calavera or Careta masks, paper flowers and paper feathers – 6 PDFs
Español or English tutorials, ideas and craft activity templates to download for classroom activities. See more about this fun calavera or sugar skull Day of the Dead mask here – Make your own color in calavera mask!
4) Make your own traditional Mexican ornaments (Español y English versions) – 3 PDFs
See more about the milagro heart ornament here – Milagro heart templates.
5) Make your own El Dia de los Muertos flower and skeleton hand crown or corona (tutorial + 12 patterns) – 15 PDFs
Put together this easy make paper crown adorned with flowers and skeletons for Day of the Dead. Tutorial sheets in English and Spanish.
6) Make your own balloon calavera skull decorations (2 patterns) – 3 PDFs
Plus make your own papel picado (13 patterns) – 9 PDFs
Butterfly, calavera, mini flags, birds and hearts, mini garlands, corazones and 3 papel picado banner templates.
Some tips on printing out your printable kids activities worksheets
We have designed the worksheets in black and white to be economical on toner. After opening up your PDF templates look for a grayscale, fast printing or economy setting. These types of settings not only save on ink but also on printing time.
Be sure to check out our Dia de los Muertos party printables, 99 printable Mexican food and drink signs, Day of the Dead digital scrapbooking images, Cinco de Mayo class activity templates and Day of the Dead decorations.
Instruction sheets with step-by-step photos showing how to assemble each template are included.
All the files are optimised as a HIGH RESOLUTION PDF (300 dpi) US letter format.
The template will be available for immediate download as soon as your payment clears. This listing is for a digital files (PDF) only. This PDF file will be sent to your email address. We won’t print or ship to you!*
Affordable printable kids activities, Day of the Dead party printables, crafts, tutorials, templates and fun!
Our digital templates are designed to be easy to make. We like it simple too!
Beautifully crafted party items and favors at a fraction of the price!
Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) is a tradition in Mexico to celebrate. It is a time to honor those who have departed. Streets can be filled with decorations, sugar skeletons, ofrendas, flowers, calavera skulls and parades. Spirits of the dead visit their families on October 31st and leave on November 2nd. The Day of the Dead is a very party and upbeat time, so turn up the music and fiesta!
Hope you liked our printable kids activities for Day of the Dead or el Dia de los Muertos. Please give us a little love; by liking us on facebook, pinning us on pinterest or following us on twitter. Thank you!