3 Festive holiday miniature top hats to print, make and wear!
Download all three designs – ‘Ho,Ho,Holly’, ‘Merry Berry’ and ‘Winter Wonderland’ and make your very own super cute festive head piece. Your download also includes complete and easy to follow instructions.
Join Happythought mailing list to receive your festive mini top hat templates.
- Just fill in your details below
- Click the Submit button
- We will instantly email you back your templates!
We won’t share your details with anyone and you can unsubscribe from the Happythought mailing list at any time.
The picture below shows how to make mini top hats.
Why not make up hats for all your friends too?
You can also use your hats as festive place settings or Christmas tree decorations.
How to make a paper bow for your mini paper top hat
How to make a Holly band for your paper top hat
A step-by-step guide to assembling your festive paper top hat.
First make the top of your hat.
1. You will need scissors, a glue stick and some sticky or masking tape.
2. Cut out the ‘top’ and ‘base’ templates.
3. Bend down tabs around the circular section as shown
4. Apply glue to the top of your band and to the right hand edge.
6. Glue down tabs and side until you have a complete cylinder.
Now for the base of your hat
1. Fold and glue the base sheet back-to-back, so the images are on the outside.
2. Cut out the circular base of your hat.
3. Lightly fold along the horizontal dotted line in the centre of the base.
4. Cut the vertical lines.
5. Apply glue to the triangular tabs as shown.
6. Open up each tab, gently folding along the base.
7. Place the base over the open end of the top of your hat.
8. Press each triangular tab into the inside of your cylinder, holding for a few seconds until the glue is dry.
9. You can add a couple of pieces of sticky tape over the tips to hold tabs firmly in place.
10. Gently bend the sides of your hat base to give it a jaunty feel. A bobby pin at the back will hold it securely in place.